Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Who Is Taylor Kitsch?

So I'm scrolling through articles on Yahoo and this one comes up.  

OK, so I haven't seen John Carter, or Savages or Battleship but this article made me mad. Why? I'll tell you why!

Firs of all, I don't know this actor. He's relatively new to the screen, yet he's being "blamed" for the three failures mentioned above. Second, there's suddenly speculation that he won't get anymore leading roles because he's a "bad actor."

Excuse me? Why isn't anyone coming down on the writers or directors for these box office non-hits? John Carter was written by Andrew Stanton, Mark Andrews and Michael Chabon -- THREE people! Are you telling me that three heads put together couldn't make one good story? It can't be from lack of talent because each of these guys have impressive resumes. Perhaps this movie was laden with too much green screen and CGI.

Battleship was written by Erich and Jon Hoeber...the same guys who wrote Whiteout which was named one of the worst movies ever. Every movie these two wrote are garbage and you've probably never heard of them. The way I see it, they should be thanking big name actors to take a chance on their poorly executed stories.


Finally, Savages. I haven't seen this either, but the biggest complaint I've read in reviews is the ending that Oliver Stone chose. Who knows what he was thinking? When I think of Oliver Stone, I think Scarface. I can't help it. The trailers for this movie uninterested me and it's NOT because of the actors, it was the corny dialogue.

I'm not saying that all writers are talentless hacks and I'm not saying that a movie can't be ruined by a weak actor but what I will say is this, if Taylor Kitsch is such a horrible male lead, why do they keep casting him? Fix your script and you won't have to blame the actors when a movie bombs!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!