Friday, June 22, 2012

Lessons in Being Ballsy!

This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I like putting pictures on my posts. :P

We just finished day 8 of Chronicles of the Dead and I can't believe how far we've come. I learned a lot about my writing. I learned a lot about the importance of having a good team. 

If there's anyone out there who wants to start a webseries, I say: DO IT! But go forth with caution. Limit your locations and actors. Limit your episodes. Start small. Unless you're rich, don't go big. You can get big later, and I hope we do!

There are going to be a lot of great things to come. In the meantime, I hope we can raise enough money to fund season two. Paying for everything ourselves has been INSANE but totally worth it. We just can't do it by ourselves anymore. Season one is definitely our "practice" season. We're going to have a lot more knowledge moving forward.

I guess the point I'm getting at is you don't really know what it takes to film something until you actually get off your ass and do it. I watched some videos about film and listened to people talk and I wrote scripts...but NOTHING beats hands-on experience. 

Even if I make a complete idiot out of myself, at least I'll know I had to the balls to put myself out there. Come what may, I tried, and I'm going to keep on trying. This is what keeps me going everyday. I'm sticking to the belief that it is better to try and fail than never to try. I don't want to wonder, "what if?" I hate those words unless trying to come up with a new story.

Speaking of new stories, my boyfriend and best friend are reading Undead Again and I'm expecting some good feedback because they both know their shit!

In closing, (haha) please check out Chronicles of the Dead. Like us on Facebook and watch our Pilot and Teaser. We're going to have more cast interviews and trailers coming before the BIG premiere of season one. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!