Saturday, June 23, 2012

There's No Such Thing...Supposedly

According to various sources like the Bible and my college drama professor, there is no new idea. Everything you can ever think of has already been thought of. This is because humans are smart.

Anyway, I want to make new videos for my channel because I truly miss it. I was thinking about things I could do like little skits and things but everything seems so overdone. 

Is anyone else sick of parodies of songs? I am. If I hear one more, "Call Me Maybe," parody, I'm going to scream! I could just my weird self, but I feel like I can do more than just be my weird self. I was thinking about reciting monologues that I've memorized, trying different accents and even doing scenes...with myself. That almost sounds dirty, haha.

Aside from writing, waiting around to finish school and work, there isn't a whole lot of constructive things for me to do. I could easily waste an entire day (and night) watching Desperate Housewives...but I'll try not to do that.

One idea that I've been toying around with is filming a documentary. I would call it, "When Fame Costs A Fortune." It would be about scam artists who are out to take advantage of people who are trying to make it in entertainment. How do you know someone is for real? Everyone says, "A real agent will never ask for money up front." Yes, we KNOW that. But I feel like it's one of those things that people say to try and cover up the fact that they're liars. If you have to pay for audition, that's just insane and plain wrong but I've heard of people doing this.

What if you wanted to apply for a job at McDonald's and they said, "In order to get the application, you have to pay $25." People would shit themselves and McDonald's would end up in the national news!

It's just a thought. I have no idea what it takes to make a documentary. Perhaps I should research it... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!