Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All The Hairy Details

Let me start by saying I might not be in the best position to be writing a post with a strong opinion because I'm tired. We just finished an 8 hour shoot for the seventh day of Chronicles of the Dead. Or as my boyfriend likes to call it, "your second job that doesn't pay."

Even though there's no monetary value (yet) I get paid in experience. I get constant lessons in humility and gratitude.  It is exactly this reason why I can't stand the way success stories are told. I hate the abridged versions. I hate it when the story says, "He went to Hollywood." And the next sentence says, "he was discovered." What the FUCK does that even mean? You can't just waltz into Hollywood and "get discovered." It takes time and effort. You have to pay your dues.

And LOTS of famous people busted their asses to get where they are now but those stories are rarely told. We always hear the censored versions that have all the hard work taken out. We're sold a beautiful lie. They try to make us believe that you can just go sip a latte at Starbucks and "get discovered."

I'm certainly not going to sugar-coat my life story when I make it. People are going to know that I struggled. They're going to know that I was broke and that I wanted to kill myself and cry myself to sleep at night. None of this, "I got discovered," crap. And the Kartrashian's are no exception. Since when does having rich parents or making a sex tape make you someone fucking special? They're pretty much the butt of every joke about "famous" people. I don't want fame if it means losing sight of what's right.

Now I've constructed a decent rant about this, I can be quiet now. I'll leave you with one of my favorite inspirational videos. And to all the dreamers out there, never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!