Saturday, June 30, 2012

TED - My Review! (Spoiler Alert!!!)

Do you like Family Guy?

If you answered yes, that's reason enough to see Ted.

Lucky for me, I live in a town where I can see movies for five bucks. :)

This movie is about a little boy named John (Mark Wahlberg) who wishes his teddy bear could talk. Of course, John gets his wish and he spends many fun-filled years with Ted. Later, John is 35 and four years into his relationship with Laurie (Mila Kunis) and she's fed up with John's pot smoking and irresponsibility. She gives him an ultimatum: Their relationship or Ted.

I was drawn in from the start because Ted is SO CUTE! I'm a such a girl; liking fluffy things! But don't think this is a kid's movie. Seth MacFarlane doesn't skimp on the raunch and bad language. As a matter of fact, the theater was filled with 13-year olds who didn't "get" any of the 80s pop culture jokes but roared every time there was cussing or sex. 

The only scene in this movie that threw me for a loop was the fight between Ted and John. The sound effects were stupid and the fight wasn't as funny to the audience because it looked like an inside joke between the cast. 

Other than that, I was pleased. I knew this movie would be good because of the trailer. You can't always trust trailers because they lie, but I love Family Guy and I knew this movie would be funny.

Stop reading this and go see for yourself. :)

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!