Monday, June 18, 2012

I Finished My First Draft!

I finished the first draft of my spec script, Undead Again. As you've probably already guessed, it's shit.

I don't mean it's shit in the, "I shouldn't have written this," way. I mean it in the, "OMG I need to rewrite this before it can see the light of day," kind of way.

Luckily, my awesome boyfriend volunteered to be the first to read it and he has a good eye for horrible plot and stupid characters. I've never written a feature length screenplay before but I have a feeling this won't be the last time. Here's a little bit about Undead Again just so you know.

This is my logline: Phoebe Sullivan, a 185 year old vampire, gets an unexpected second chance at being human after a cocky slayer kills Dracula.

Think of it as a threesome between Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Uptown Girls and True Blood.

The hardest part of writing this was deciding what format to choose. It could work as a novel and maybe even a short story, but I do those all the time. I chose to write a spec because I had never done it. Honestly, I didn't think I could!

After my boyfriend has read it and ripped me a new one, I'll report back with the dirty details. In the meantime, I have to get ready for tomorrow's Chronicles of the Dead shoot. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!