Friday, January 17, 2014

3 Ideas on How to Brainstorm YouTube Video Ideas


So, you want to make YouTube videos? 

Awesome! So...what kind should you make?

I don't know.

I've seriously had that conversation with myself before. I wanted to grasp this whole "YouTube" thing and had no friggin idea where to get and idea.

So I did the only thing I could possible do...I made fun of making videos. Back when I made my first "Out of Ideas" video, there wasn't a lot going on in YouTube Land, so it was a struggle. I never thought I'd make a video like that again because, who would repeat an old idea? Lucky for me, YouTube is full of stuff to poke fun at. This is the second video I made.

So what do YOU do if you want to make a video but the creative juices just aren't flowing?

1.) Take an old idea and make it new again:
Remember those "Dear Body" videos that got popular years back? Or, most recently, the "Draw My Life" videos. Why not do that but add your own spin. Take something that's been done to death and flip it on its head.

2.) Make fun of something idiotic:
Of course not everyone will see eye-to-eye with you, but that's not the point. Cover something that you think is stupid and explain WHY it's stupid.

3.) Personify inanimate objects:
What would your laptap say if it could talk? What about your dirty laundry or the stove? Go nuts! 

That's enough to get started. Just remember, there's no new idea under the sun. Don't worry about originality - that will come when you add your own voice. In the meantime, enjoy my new video!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!