Saturday, January 19, 2013

Stand-up Comedy & Vlogging

I make videos on YouTube on three channels. One is comedy skits. One is about my hair. The final channel is Chronicles of the Dead. 

I feel like I make the same stuff over and over again and it's getting boring. There are things I want to try but I'm nervous about how they'll come off. For example, stand-up comedy sounds SCARY, but I want to try it. I don't have any jokes though, so they might just come off sounding really dumb. I spent a few hours looking up really bad stand-up online and the comedians were so bad that they were getting booed off stage. I don't want that to happen to me, it terrifies me, but I really want to try.

Vlogging is another one of those things I've been dying to try but I don't know if it's going to work out for me or not. Sitting in front of the camera and talking doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I would like to incorporate skits so that I'm talking but then I cut away to acting out what I just talked about and then cutting back to talking. It sounds easy but it's really not.

I realized that I hate my voice. I used to get teased in middle school but then everyone grew up and didn't care anymore. Sadly, those scars haven't healed yet so I still get a little disgusted when I hear myself talking. I think everyone has that though, so I'm not alone. 

Anyway, those are a few things I'm going to try out. I don't know if they're going to work, but I'll only know if I give it a chance. 

Here goes nothing!

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!