Thursday, November 15, 2012

Get off Your Ass and Get Shit Done!

I need to make a video but I haven't done it yet. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but I let Resident Evil 6 consume my day. I also work six days this week. Today is my only day off.

I was supposed to do the video today but I've been putting it off. In fact, I should be making the video right NOW, but I'm writing this blog instead. I'd rather be doing a million other things than making that video. I think I've been avoiding it all day. I can imagine a conversation between me and my camera...

CAMERA: Hey...are you gonna make a video today? It's Thursday.

ME: Uh, yeah sure. I haven't forgotten. I just need to do some other things first.

CAMERA: Like what? I know you have the day off. 

ME: I'm just tired, ok? Let me rest for a while.

CAMERA: Tired? From what? You haven't done a single stressful thing all day. You just watched a stupid movie that you didn't even like just so you wouldn't have to look at me. I feel like you're avoiding me.

ME: I'm not avoiding you...I'm just working on some ideas.

CAMERA: Oh, so that's it. You don't have any ideas and now that you've waiting until the last minute, you just want to bail. You can't bail.

ME: I'm not bailing! Relax!!

CAMERA: You want me to relax? No! That's why you're in this mess in the first place. All that relaxing has finally caught up. You made a promise that you would make a video EVERY SINGLE THURSDAY and you're screwing it up.

ME: No one will notice if I skip a week. Nobody watches my videos anyway.

CAMERA: And with THAT attitude, no one ever will.

Ouch.

This conversation never happened, of course, because inanimate objects can't talk. But if they could, I bet people would be in a LOT of trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! Do you know how to test if your own content is exclusive around the web and no other blogger is it without your awareness?

    ReplyDelete

Say Something!