Saturday, September 8, 2012

Updates & Reflections

We are nearly done editing Chronicles of the Dead. The first two episodes have already been released and you can watch them here. The next three episodes have already been uploaded to YouTube and are patiently waiting for their "go live" dates. The finishing touches to episode six are being added as I type.

For me, this isn't just about getting something done and sent into the world. This is about creating something that I can have forever. No one cane take this experience away from us. Everything we've done until this point has been carefully documented and signed with our hard work and dedication.

I would like to do season two but we have a lot of work cut out for us if it's going to go anywhere. I've been doing lots of research, trying to figure out where we can submit it or where we can get advertising and it's tough. There are so many talented people out there and it seems like everyone is trying to stand out with loud colors. Well, what do you do if your colors aren't so bright? You outwork them. If we prove that we're dedicated and that we have staying power, stamina and longevity, we will win out against those who popped up overnight to claim to the spotlight.

Right now, I have about three projects going. My novel, this webseries and my own personal channel. My comeback has been a slow one but I have to give it enough time. I've brainstormed a lot of different video ideas and I'm trying to keep up with the same characters that got me noticed in the past. With an entire year off, I'll have nothing but time to figure out what works and what doesn't. I may even make two videos a week instead of one and never pass on the opportunity to do a good response when I get the chance.

YouTube has approved me for custom thumbnails which is pretty awesome. I make them in Paint because I don't have Photoshop, but it works just as great! Now if I could only make some decent money at work, I'd be set! It's sad that jobs don't even pay livable wages anymore! 

Oh well, I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing, trying to progress and take an inventory of my situation in about six months. Until next time, shine on you crazy diamonds!

Want more of me?
YouTube
Twitter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!