Monday, September 3, 2012

Third Draft Hell

My boyfriend took this pic because fuck you!
I'm writing and thinking. Then I stop writing to do more thinking. After I've thought some more, I get up and drink some coffee. Then I look at Facebook, then back to writing. I write a sentence. I don't like it. Delete. I'm in third draft hell!

I've also discovered that I'm not funny. Although my boyfriend says I'm funny, I know that I'm not. I'm only funny on accident. When I'm not trying, I am. When I try, it's a disaster. No wonder my YouTube channel is sinking faster than the Titanic. I'm single-handedly running it into the ground.

Sad? Yes. Fixable? Yes. 

In the meantime, what's wrong with making videos about my hair? Let's face it, there is a serious lack of black haircare in the mass media. Everything I know, I learned from YouTube so why not give back? I'm going to do it, but the actual doing part is what I have trouble with. Also, my style is a bit quirky and I'm not your average "black girl." Sometimes I feel like a poser...but that's another blog post all together.

I'm going to have to suck it up and do the thing that scares me. Write my third draft, be funny or die and for God's sake share my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something!